Child Care Practitioner
Closing Date: March 19, 2020
Role Type: Fulltime
Minimum Qualification Required: Level 2 qualified
About the role
Would you like the opportunity to work with a fantastic and fun team of professionals?
Do you have a genuine passion for the welfare and development of young children and their families?
Do you have experience of providing children with a challenging learning environment that readies them for both school and life long learning?
Sweet Peas Day Care & Teaching Nurseries are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our highly qualified team in providing Outstanding quality care and learning experiences for our three to five year olds.
- To be responsible for the care and safety of children within the Nursery.
- To provide a stimulating environment and foster play with a purpose that meets the needs of each child.
- To ensure the Nursery environment meets the needs of individual children from different cultural and religious backgrounds.
- Plan, prepare and deliver activities appropriate to the development stages of the children you are planning for, holding regard to both Ofsted and the EYFS guidance and in accordance to Sweet Peas Policies and procedures.
- To promote and develop a welcoming atmosphere for children, parents and team members, including during the settling in and induction process.
- To ensure a high standard of health and safety for children, team members, parents and other visitors.
- To consistently act as a good example to other practitioners, assisting in their training, development and induction period.
- Ensure that you build solid, trusting relationships between parents, carers, children and the nursery team.
- Administration of required First Aid where appropriate.
- Ensure all processes are adhered to and that systems of observation and record keeping are accurate including but not limited to; the children’s register, children’s record of development, accident reports and medicine reports.
- To be aware of and comply to the GDPR Regulations.
- To contribute to the efficient upkeep and maintenance of stock, equipment, furnishings, fittings and resources.
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness in the Nursery at all times.
- To effectively liaise with Senior Child Care Practitioners.
- To attend team meetings, professional development courses, training days, open days, nursery function and party days, possibly out of nursery hours when required.
- Any other duties reasonably required by Sweet Peas Nursery Management.
Benefits of working here
- Ongoing coaching from a Management Team with a combined experience of over 30 years working in the Early Years Sector.
- Ongoing CPD accredited courses provided free of charge.
- Comprehensive induction and mentoring.
- Free access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Heavily discounted childcare
- Discounted meals at Monkey Maze Café
- Free Parking
- Local links to a number of bus routes and train stations
Minimum Salary: £0
Maximum Salary: £16000
About Sweet Peas Day Care & Teaching Nurseries
Sweet Peas is a family owned nursery that was established in 2010 with the purpose of enabling families to go to work with peace of mind, knowing their children are receiving exceptional care, education and life experiences. Heléna, who owns the nursery, wanted somewhere that offers families the happy, safe and carefree environment that her own children experienced at home, thus Sweet Peas was born.
We are passionate about building a sincere relationship with parents and carers based on trust, honesty and openness. We have a respectful understanding of how important this partnership is in sharing one another’s knowledge of your child to meet their individual needs.
Link House, Ninelands Lane, Leeds, LS25 1NT,