Homemade Playdough; no cook, no tartar, no hassle
Making homemade playdough saves money, and means that as soon as your existing supplies go past the point of no return, you can bin them and start again. Involving children in making their homemade playdough is also a great activity in and of itself.
What you will need:
- 8 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp table salt
- 60ml warm water
- food colouring (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
These ingredients will create one ball of homemade playdough, so increase the quantities as necessary
Preparing the activity
- Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl mix together the water, a few drops of food colouring (if using) and the oil.
- Pour the coloured water into the flour mix and bring together with a spoon.
- Dust a work surface with a little flour and turn out the dough. Knead together for a few minutes to form a smooth, pliable dough. If you want a more intense colour you can work in a few extra drops of food colouring
- Store in a plastic sandwich bag (squeeze out the air) in the fridge to keep it fresh.
Doing the activity:
Tracking the activity: