Don’t say we don’t spoil you, loyal TNL’ers, as we have ANOTHER competition coming up. A competition with perhaps the most exciting prize pool that we have ever offered, the chance to win for your setting:
And 6 of the best new books from children’s publisher Thames & Hudson: If I had a Unicorn, If I had a Sleepy Sloth, If I had a Dinosaur, Keep an Eye on Ivy, ABC off to sea! and A House for Mouse
Despite everything that is going on in the world, if there is one thing that we have been able to appreciate this year, it is a good book, and a good children’s book in particular. Engaging children in fun reading early on is not only fantastic for their early development, giving children a life-long association with ‘reading for pleasure’ is shown to have a far greater impact on later literacy and development than simply ‘reading for information’.
We have thoroughly enjoyed reading a variety of books with our children throughout this year, such as Tiger, Tiger Burning Bright. There is no shortage of great books out there, and we want to find a way to share them as widely as we can.
So, to celebrate all-things-book and start off 2021 with a great new reading list for everybody, we want to see what books YOU have been enjoying!
Entering is simple.
To enter, either:
- Like this post.
- Comment your favourite children's book and tag 3 friends.
- Share this post on your story, tag us and use the #TNLBookoftheyear competition.
- Like this tweet.
- Tweet us your favourite children's book and include #TNLBookoftheyear.
- Retweet this post and tag 3 friends.
That’s it! Couldn’t be simpler!
Any book, whether it was published in 2020 or 1820, is fair game; what we want is for you to share your passion for the children’s books you love with those yet to discover them.
We will be choosing the winner at random, with the winner taking home the prize stash for their setting. The deadline is on January 6th at noon UK time, so plenty of time during the holiday break or some passionate scribbling!
We look forwards to seeing what books your love most, and in the meantime wish our community a happy, safe and book-filled Christmas!
Terms & Conditions
- To enter, go to either this post on Instagram or this post on Twitter.
- On Instagram: 1. Like this post, 2. Comment your favourite children's book and tag 3 friends. and 3. Share this post on your story, tag us and use the #TNLBookoftheyear competition. // On Twitter: 1. Like this tweet. 2. Tweet us your favourite children's book and include #TNLBookoftheyear. 3. Retweet this post and tag 3 friends.
- Entry is limited to one per person.
- Final competition entry must be by 12:00pm UK time on January 6th 2021
- Prizes are for your setting or if you are a childminder for your primary place of minding. The purpose of this competition is to help engage the children you work with even more with the magical fun of reading!
- The winner will be selected at random and notified on or after January 8th 2021. TNL’s decision of winner will be final.
- The competition winner’s book review will be published on the That Nursery Life platform.
- The reviews will be the property of That Nursery Life for publishing purposes.
- Any attempts to influence, pressure or harass those involved in the running of the competition, or abuse other TNL social media users, will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Competition winners will only be selected from entries by people who are not related to, or friends or associates of, TNL staff.